Tel: 01743 860011
Email: [email protected]
Shropshire Partners in Care ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Shropshire Partners in Care of 6 The Farriers, Annscroft, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 8AN.
Information we may collect from you.
Our website is designed so that both those looking for a job (“Candidates”) and those person(s) or organisations with whom contact is made or who use our site seeking to fill a vacant position (“Recruiters”) in the health and social care sector can be brought together.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thecareladder.com / www.careladder.co.uk / www.careladder.org.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Age Range
- Job Roles
- Rate of Pay
You may need to register with us if you want to benefit from some of the facilities and services which our site may offer, including if you want to:
- register as a Recruiter
- register as a Candidate
- make a posting to our site
If you are required to register, then we will indicate this at an appropriate place on our site, and you may be required to supply us with your email address, a password and other information which we will specify at the time you register.
Any personal information which you supply to us when you register we will hold, use and process in accordance with this policy.
If you register with us:
- you must use a valid email address (that is to say one that we can use to contact you)
- you must not let anyone else use your email address and password to access your account with us (and if you think that this has happened or may happen you must tell us straight away)
- you must keep your password confidential
- you must not impersonate or try to pass yourself off as someone else, or provide us with incorrect personal information about yourself
- you must not create multiple registrations or log ins unless this website requires you to, and
This website permits Candidates to upload their CVs to it, for viewing by Recruiters.
If you are a Candidate and you submit your CV:
- we will treat your CV in line with this policy.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Option 2: Click-wrap consent
I accept cookies from this site.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
[Session Cookie - The Care Ladder knows if you are a member or a visitor
Accessibility Cookies - Track whether you want text only, images, colour preference for The Care Ladder and to track your text size preference across The Care Ladders website]
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
"This cookie [is essential for our site to][enables us to]:
- [Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]
- [Speed up your searches.]
- [Recognise you when you return to our site.]
- [OTHER PURPOSES]
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after [26 days or when you clear your user data].
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Shropshire Partners in Care or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its registered users will be one of the transferred assets.
"We will provide anonymous data to our stakeholders. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our Stakeholders but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. (For example: we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have accessed the site on any given day)."
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [The Care Ladder, c/o Shropshire Partners In Care, 6, The Farriers Business Centre, Annscroft, Shrewsbury Shropshire SY5 8NA OR [email protected]].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.